If anyone wonders how long it takes.
Notifications OFF
Knock march 2023
Rebailed few times
Bail lifted JUNE 2025
Case sent to CPS -March 2026
No Further Actions July 2026.
Over 3 years of wasted TAX PAYERS MONEY , Our health, stress. Unnecessary arrests. Taking all devices from my home. After over 3 years - NO FURTHER ACTIONS as they didn't find evidence They even didn't apologise.
Looking for a lawyer to claim compensation for wasted 10% of my life.
Rebailed few times
Bail lifted JUNE 2025
Case sent to CPS -March 2026
No Further Actions July 2026.
Over 3 years of wasted TAX PAYERS MONEY , Our health, stress. Unnecessary arrests. Taking all devices from my home. After over 3 years - NO FURTHER ACTIONS as they didn't find evidence They even didn't apologise.
Looking for a lawyer to claim compensation for wasted 10% of my life.
Good news that you have got a NFA, that is what we are hoping for!
I do understand trying to get compensation and wish you well , I personally would just let it go and move on, but that's just my opinion.
ls it really worth having to fight the police and the years it could take. But saying that I would be interested in how you got on.
Good luck :)
I do understand trying to get compensation and wish you well , I personally would just let it go and move on, but that's just my opinion.
ls it really worth having to fight the police and the years it could take. But saying that I would be interested in how you got on.
Good luck :)
Great to get NFA! But I would be feeling the same, all that stress, pain and heartbreak for nothing. The impacts will last for years for all involved. I have wondered about suing in the future myself for the impact of the investigation process and heavy handed conditions affecting my just 18 son who's under investigation and my other children who's lives have been turned upside down! There has to be a less brutal and damaging way to manage risks and bring young people (many who have a great deal of complexity to deal with already) to justice.
Re NFA do you mind me asking what he was under investigation for and what led to that decision?
Re NFA do you mind me asking what he was under investigation for and what led to that decision?
Good outcome for you but what an emotional rollercoaster it has taken you on taken so long to.
Can I ask how long after the NFA decision it took to get the devices back?.
Can I ask how long after the NFA decision it took to get the devices back?.
My Dad is going through this. We had a knock on the door in March 2026, took devices some of which were pointless and told us there's a backlog for digital forensics. He's been bailed three times now and it's having a significant impact on his health and wellbeing. My Dad has FND which causes weakness and balance problems in his legs, the arrest alone has made his symptoms worse to which he even has a constant tremor in his hand now. One of the detectives was awful to him, accusing him of faking it and was going to report him to the DVLA. My Dad tried to take his own life the next day, luckily it wasn't successful. Though, I'm surprised the stress hasn't given him a heart attack as he was warned that physical and emotional strain could rupture his repaired aorta.
The lack of progress in the case has left my Dad completely isolated from family and friends. He hasn't seen his Grandkids since March, and has even missed spending easter as a family and both of their birthdays. My niece is old enough to understand but my nephew is too young and can't know anything. We have had to tell him his Grandad is not well, but he keeps asking to see him all the time. I have no idea what will happen at Christmas, we usually spend it together as a family and I refuse to leave him on his own on christmas day.
My Mum isn't well now, she collapsed a few weeks ago and I'm Autistic trying to hold it all together. I've had to take over doing what my Dad used to do, school runs and taking/picking my sister from work, shopping and childcare during school holidays. I was supposed to be looking for work but have had to pause that, I'm too physically and emotionally exhausted to do anything else which is frustrating because we could do with the money. My life is basically on pause until this goes away and I constantly feel like I'm living in the Truman show, waiting for more drama to come.
All this heartache because my Dad used a file sharing site that automatically downloads and shares files. A website that is legal to use for legitimate reasons.
The lack of progress in the case has left my Dad completely isolated from family and friends. He hasn't seen his Grandkids since March, and has even missed spending easter as a family and both of their birthdays. My niece is old enough to understand but my nephew is too young and can't know anything. We have had to tell him his Grandad is not well, but he keeps asking to see him all the time. I have no idea what will happen at Christmas, we usually spend it together as a family and I refuse to leave him on his own on christmas day.
My Mum isn't well now, she collapsed a few weeks ago and I'm Autistic trying to hold it all together. I've had to take over doing what my Dad used to do, school runs and taking/picking my sister from work, shopping and childcare during school holidays. I was supposed to be looking for work but have had to pause that, I'm too physically and emotionally exhausted to do anything else which is frustrating because we could do with the money. My life is basically on pause until this goes away and I constantly feel like I'm living in the Truman show, waiting for more drama to come.
All this heartache because my Dad used a file sharing site that automatically downloads and shares files. A website that is legal to use for legitimate reasons.