Scared all the time

Notifications OFF

Furious

Member since
July 2026

2 posts

Sorry in advance this is probably going to come across a bit insensitive and tactless to people who actually have kids, but I need to vent somewhere. I can't have kids and always wanted to foster, but that isn't on the cards for me at the moment. So my backup plan was to do some volunteering with kids to fill the void. But thanks to a disclosure made by someone the other people living in my house know about being on the SOR, I've had to tell the volunteering team in case that causes a safeguarding issue. This person doesn't live in my house, is banned from ever visiting the house now I know what they've done and I have no contact with them myself whatsoever but the one thing that I was going to do to help me deal with not being able to have kids is being ruined because of them and their God awful behaviour and life decisions. I hate them. I resent them. I wish they had never entered my life. I'm furious. I don't understand why my housemates can't just cut them off so we can live in peace? It's ruining everything. I'm anxious all the time now I genuinely haven't known peace since I found out. I didn't choose to have them on the periphery of my life and I wish they would go away. I'm so scared.

Posted Mon July 20, 2026 5:13pmReport post

Distressed and pregnant

Member since
November 2020

1354 posts

Hi,

what would your volunteering role look like? Is it with children in a setting rather than in your home? The person on sor shouldn't impact your ability to volunteer with children. I don't think you needed to inform the volunteering service since you don't have contact with the person xxx

Posted Tue July 21, 2026 11:07amReport post

Furious

Member since
July 2026

2 posts

It was taking kids out on day trips. After 2 and a half months of anxiously waiting they said I can't do it as the other people in my house are in contact even though I'm not, and I said I would ensure any of my devices were always with me if I left the home so if they ever invited the person over while I was away, they wouldn't be able to access any info about the people I'm volunteering with or their addresses or anything. It makes me feel like I'm dirty and ruined for something I haven't done and it's just heartbreaking. I completely understand why, they don't want to take any risks and I respect that. I just feel really sad and low. And I hate the person. They've ruined everything for me and honestly I don't deserve it. Sometimes I think about moving out but that's also unfair. I shouldn't have to leave my home because of this.

Posted Wed September 23, 2026 9:57pmReport post


This Forum is proudly supported by The National Lottery Community Fund      
Quick exit