Custody Battle with ex - HELP!!
Notifications OFF
I really need some advice from anyone who has been through something similar. Has anyone had to fight for custody/contact with an ex who is now on the sex offenders register?
My ex was recently sentenced after pleading guilty to 2 x offences involving online sexual communication with children along with an inciting offence. He received a suspended prison sentence, 10 years on the sex offenders register and a 5-year SHPO. There is currently no direct contact between us.
His mum was the supervisor until recently. She has told social services that she doesn’t believe my ex is a risk to children and apparently believes the police effectively “enticed” him into what happened, they stopped contact and are currently doing an assessment. I have indicated once a month contact in contact centre is what I feel comfortable at a push with.
He has now messaged me talking about being “proactive” about his relationship with our son and has suggested that, when restrictions allow, we look at a 3 days with him / 3 days with me arrangement.
I feel absolutely sick at the thought of this. I don’t believe he should have unsupervised care of our son, let alone 3 days at a time.
Has anyone actually had to fight this through the Family Court? What was your experience of the court’s approach when the other parent is on the sex offenders register? I’m feeling completely overwhelmed and would really appreciate some advice.
My ex was recently sentenced after pleading guilty to 2 x offences involving online sexual communication with children along with an inciting offence. He received a suspended prison sentence, 10 years on the sex offenders register and a 5-year SHPO. There is currently no direct contact between us.
His mum was the supervisor until recently. She has told social services that she doesn’t believe my ex is a risk to children and apparently believes the police effectively “enticed” him into what happened, they stopped contact and are currently doing an assessment. I have indicated once a month contact in contact centre is what I feel comfortable at a push with.
He has now messaged me talking about being “proactive” about his relationship with our son and has suggested that, when restrictions allow, we look at a 3 days with him / 3 days with me arrangement.
I feel absolutely sick at the thought of this. I don’t believe he should have unsupervised care of our son, let alone 3 days at a time.
Has anyone actually had to fight this through the Family Court? What was your experience of the court’s approach when the other parent is on the sex offenders register? I’m feeling completely overwhelmed and would really appreciate some advice.
Iv sent you a dm ??
I'm also sending you a DM.
Hello,
I am in a very similar situation but feel I made some very silly choices early on and now trying to do damage control. I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time of the knock with my first.
4 years on and contact was happening but has stopped over the last 6 months and I don't know what to do, he's pushing for contact which his Mum was supervising but I have stopped contact as I don't trust they were acting protectively enough. Let me know how you get on and how old you little one is!
This is my first time posting, I was always too scare before. Thanks in advance :)
I am in a very similar situation but feel I made some very silly choices early on and now trying to do damage control. I was 36 weeks pregnant at the time of the knock with my first.
4 years on and contact was happening but has stopped over the last 6 months and I don't know what to do, he's pushing for contact which his Mum was supervising but I have stopped contact as I don't trust they were acting protectively enough. Let me know how you get on and how old you little one is!
This is my first time posting, I was always too scare before. Thanks in advance :)