My son may be homeless.
Notifications OFF
Hi everyone. My autistic vulnerable son has done 3 years in prison. He is due out soon. We are in our 70's and he cant come home as the rest of the family want nothing to do with him. My son is highly autistic, very gullible and easily led which is why he is in prison for downloading child images. We had to move house as it was in the papers . Now probation have said he is in a hostel after release for 6 weeks then may be homeless. They seem to be doing very little apart from saying try the council! I know he is going to end up homeless. I am worried out of my mind. I cant bear to think of him on the streets. He has special needs and is not a mature lad at all. Does anyone know of anywhere I can write for help to get him somewhere to live. He really needs,supportive housing as he is so vulnerable. I hate what he has done but I love him. I cant switch that off. I am a mother. My extended family don't give a stuff about him. He only has me. He is dreading coming out as I feel he is a bit institutionalised. He actually seems ok in there. Has even made a friend similar to him. We are old now and when we go he will literally have no one in the world. He is such a gentle quiet lad apart from this. He doesn't seem to realise the seriousness of it all. Please please help. Any advice at all would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
I thought the local authority had a duty of care to re-home. They did with my husband even though his name was on the mortgage at the time. It was homeless accomodation at first then a little bungalow in a nearby town
Hi Brokenhearted,
I am so sorry for this awful situation you are in, I can relate so much to how you feel. My Autistic son was stung by vigilantes whilst living at home with us. The whole experience was brutal and traumatising , particularly as it was live-streamed on FB. This is 4.5 yrs ago and 1 yr ago when it finally got to Court, he was sentenced to a Community Order.
During the time of the investigation, he was assessed by Adult Social Care and he received a tailored plan to address his isolation etc.. after some time he was offered a supported living flat with on site and targeted support . He's been there almost 2 yrs now and it's been fantastic.
All Local Authorities should have to legally offer an Adult social care assessment to any Adult with autism. All authorities must have a multi-agency strategy for Autism pathways.
Get in touch with them for advice, they have got to listen.
I am so sorry for this awful situation you are in, I can relate so much to how you feel. My Autistic son was stung by vigilantes whilst living at home with us. The whole experience was brutal and traumatising , particularly as it was live-streamed on FB. This is 4.5 yrs ago and 1 yr ago when it finally got to Court, he was sentenced to a Community Order.
During the time of the investigation, he was assessed by Adult Social Care and he received a tailored plan to address his isolation etc.. after some time he was offered a supported living flat with on site and targeted support . He's been there almost 2 yrs now and it's been fantastic.
All Local Authorities should have to legally offer an Adult social care assessment to any Adult with autism. All authorities must have a multi-agency strategy for Autism pathways.
Get in touch with them for advice, they have got to listen.