Newbie
Notifications OFF
Hello, I had the knock just 4 days ago. My husband has shared an image and sent messages to an underage. They took all devices and my 8 year old daughter was in house.
Ive had social services round the house. He is not allowed to be alone with her. Which makes life so difficult as I work shifts and only have my elderly mother to help. We also don't have much finances and although I am hating him at the moment I wouldn't see him out in the streets.
its a month until trial. Not sure if he gets sentenced then or it goes on again. I just feel so angry and sad. I'm so sad for my daughter and trying to keep it together. I haven't told anyone about this as don't want anyone knowing but people will notice that I'm sad all the time. I wonder if I will ever smile again or is this it for the next few years, just lying to friends and colleagues and dying underneath. I know things will also get worse if the press are at the court.
I am at a loss.
Ive had social services round the house. He is not allowed to be alone with her. Which makes life so difficult as I work shifts and only have my elderly mother to help. We also don't have much finances and although I am hating him at the moment I wouldn't see him out in the streets.
its a month until trial. Not sure if he gets sentenced then or it goes on again. I just feel so angry and sad. I'm so sad for my daughter and trying to keep it together. I haven't told anyone about this as don't want anyone knowing but people will notice that I'm sad all the time. I wonder if I will ever smile again or is this it for the next few years, just lying to friends and colleagues and dying underneath. I know things will also get worse if the press are at the court.
I am at a loss.
This is all so new to you. I think we all feel like this at the start. You need time to process what has happened. But there is no rush to make a decision - take your time. Be wary of who you tell - it's not always easy to arrange but maybe counselling if you haven't got someone you can trust 100%
Thanks. Yes I haven't told anyone, just keep lying wherever I go ???? i was actually waiting on someone phoning me this afternoon but they never did which made me feel even worse as now I can't speak because I have my daughter home from school and need to be with her 24/7 and don't need her hearing how I'm feeling. Oh well try again tomorrow I suppose. It just doesn't seem right that he gets all the help and I'm just left here on my own like a single mum. Sorry, just feeling angry today.
It is so hard in the early days. We feel so let down by the people who are part of our support system.
I am 19 months in, device checked, investigation finished but yet to be passed over to CPS. I confided in one friend at the beginning because my OH said it was 'all bollocks'. The evidence says otherwise. It is hard to breathe at times but my 3 children keep me focused. The future is all so uncertain. My OH is broken but these are the consequences of online behaviour and bad bad choices.
I am 19 months in, device checked, investigation finished but yet to be passed over to CPS. I confided in one friend at the beginning because my OH said it was 'all bollocks'. The evidence says otherwise. It is hard to breathe at times but my 3 children keep me focused. The future is all so uncertain. My OH is broken but these are the consequences of online behaviour and bad bad choices.
Hi Broken4Ever
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such an awful time, I was you 6yrs ago.
You need time to process what has happened, please try and get some help with this, speak to stop it now, ask the police about victim support, they can refer you and I found them supportive, you are a victim to of your partners offending and if possible seek counselling.
Investigation for us took at least a year until court, in my case my ex was sent to magistrates and then crown court for sentencing. As for press it will just depend if there is a reporter sitting in on that courtroom on that day, it's that random.
We can never understand why people commit these offences, I know it's hard to come to terms with but they have to manipulate and lie in order to hide from you what they are doing. In my experience this doesn't change after the are caught and sadly my ex has now been arrested and investigated again.....Yes, he did all the counselling, got himself help, promised he would never do it again and that he was a reformed character.
Whatever the future holds, from someone that supported their ex for 4yrs until I had nothing left, because I believed I couldn't live without them, you will be ok ????
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such an awful time, I was you 6yrs ago.
You need time to process what has happened, please try and get some help with this, speak to stop it now, ask the police about victim support, they can refer you and I found them supportive, you are a victim to of your partners offending and if possible seek counselling.
Investigation for us took at least a year until court, in my case my ex was sent to magistrates and then crown court for sentencing. As for press it will just depend if there is a reporter sitting in on that courtroom on that day, it's that random.
We can never understand why people commit these offences, I know it's hard to come to terms with but they have to manipulate and lie in order to hide from you what they are doing. In my experience this doesn't change after the are caught and sadly my ex has now been arrested and investigated again.....Yes, he did all the counselling, got himself help, promised he would never do it again and that he was a reformed character.
Whatever the future holds, from someone that supported their ex for 4yrs until I had nothing left, because I believed I couldn't live without them, you will be ok ????