Bail date came and went...what now?
Notifications OFF
My son's (under 18) 6 month bail return was Monday. 1 hour before it OIC rang to say don't attend, they need to speak to their inspector, will email new date that evening. We've heard nothing. Solicitor just says wait to hear and wont do anything. Im desperate to know is my son still on bail, when does he need to go?
The OIC doesn't reply to email or 101 contact, when he rang this week he claimed he doesn't get those messages. We never got any bail paperwork since the initial lot was issued for 3 months. I'm frightened we have nothing in writing to say he didn't need to attend.
The OIC doesn't reply to email or 101 contact, when he rang this week he claimed he doesn't get those messages. We never got any bail paperwork since the initial lot was issued for 3 months. I'm frightened we have nothing in writing to say he didn't need to attend.
My husband has never had to go in on date of bail. It always just gets extended in writing before hand. I wouldn't worry. Hope this helps.
Thankyou for replying. He's never had anything in writing to extend the dates but they have been extended before over the phone and just had to go with that, although I think they're supposed to give it in writing?
This time the message was don't come (again), don't know if it's going to be extended or rui, will get back to you today (all said on phone)...but nothing, been a week. Solicitor just says he'll let us know if he hears anything, (hes not contacting police). Noone seems bothered but me
This time the message was don't come (again), don't know if it's going to be extended or rui, will get back to you today (all said on phone)...but nothing, been a week. Solicitor just says he'll let us know if he hears anything, (hes not contacting police). Noone seems bothered but me
Updating my own post in case it helps someone else
I rang the custody sergeant who looked it up and told me the case has moved to RUI (should have been told/sent paperwork/solicitor notified- none of these happened). I've asked for some paperwork to be sent.
I rang the custody sergeant who looked it up and told me the case has moved to RUI (should have been told/sent paperwork/solicitor notified- none of these happened). I've asked for some paperwork to be sent.