When do journalists find out?
Notifications OFF
My ex husband is now RUI after a judge refused to extend the bail for a third time. We're creeping up to a year since the arrest.
Is it at a sentencing/hearing in court that journalists become aware or is the name released ahead of that, after the second interview/when they are charged?
my eldest has just started school and I'm very aware that something like this would end up in the local paper and magazine (literally just saw a similar story - but much worse- about a local teacher being sentenced) and I am concerned about how the public knowledge will affect my kids and my own standing in our local community.
he thinks that it's just going to carry on under RUI Until it's NFA. But he was stung online, his family and friends saw the video. So for him I guess he feels he's had his worst moment. I asked if he would change his name for the sentencing so at least his business and our kids wouldn't be affected but he seems to think it's all going away. I don't think so.
Is it at a sentencing/hearing in court that journalists become aware or is the name released ahead of that, after the second interview/when they are charged?
my eldest has just started school and I'm very aware that something like this would end up in the local paper and magazine (literally just saw a similar story - but much worse- about a local teacher being sentenced) and I am concerned about how the public knowledge will affect my kids and my own standing in our local community.
he thinks that it's just going to carry on under RUI Until it's NFA. But he was stung online, his family and friends saw the video. So for him I guess he feels he's had his worst moment. I asked if he would change his name for the sentencing so at least his business and our kids wouldn't be affected but he seems to think it's all going away. I don't think so.
Its very hit and miss. My ex was images (less than 5 total but all categories) and communication. They went to magistrates for plea hearing and again for charging in the next town over. They didn't see any press or photographer at plea but it hit the local paper (online only and behind a paywall-so just the clickbait headline and enough to identify him) as well as the local online paper for the area the magistrates court is in. I had family keeping an eye out. None of it was re-posted on social media channels (the newspapers have their own socials too) not in printed press. Nobody I knew had commented shared or liked it and nobody I know has approached me or my family about it so I think either we've got off lightly or people just haven't said anything to my face and are talking about me and my ex behind my back.
No press at all for the actual sentencing.
No press at all for the actual sentencing.
The media first reported on my person within hours of his plea hearing and reported on him again on the day of his sentencing.
Hi, as mentioned, it can be a bit of hit or miss, depending on the day of the hearing, how busy the court is that day, and if there are any juicier cases.Regardless of that even if the press isn't there they can get the information from the court files, so don't actually need to be present on the court room. I would imagine how serious your circumstances are will increase or decrease the chances. Also mentioned a lot of the information is onlinenbehind a pay wall