No Fault Divorce is Unfair
Notifications OFF
I am currently going through a divorce that my ex has stretched out for two years. The knock for us came in 2023 and was a complete shock for me.
The divorce process just seems to be in his favour. I can't understand why his crimes don't come into it and he still gets 50/50. Even when he only has supervised access once a month, me having the kids 100% of the time does not come into it. He earns 2.5 times as much as me and will only have to pay child maintenance. It all seems so unfair, I did nothing wrong, he was the one who ruined our marriage yet I'm literally the one paying for everything in the divorce. He refuses to get a solicitor so my solicitor is doing everything. I'm just so frustrated and want to get this sorted. He has had mental health issues and is saying that he can't cope with it and won't make a decision until he feels able to. I just need to move on but he won't let me.
The divorce process just seems to be in his favour. I can't understand why his crimes don't come into it and he still gets 50/50. Even when he only has supervised access once a month, me having the kids 100% of the time does not come into it. He earns 2.5 times as much as me and will only have to pay child maintenance. It all seems so unfair, I did nothing wrong, he was the one who ruined our marriage yet I'm literally the one paying for everything in the divorce. He refuses to get a solicitor so my solicitor is doing everything. I'm just so frustrated and want to get this sorted. He has had mental health issues and is saying that he can't cope with it and won't make a decision until he feels able to. I just need to move on but he won't let me.
Even though my story is different..Brother rather than partner. Ive said so many times ive lost count. Their actions are our consequences . And it is the most angering frustrating thing of all time.
It is very frustrating and though I have not divorced my OH I have considered it. Though divorce is no fault the fact that you have the children 100% of the time can be factored in, as well as his and yours earning power. There is a good source of information on mumsnet. They have a divorce forum which had loads of advice. You do not have to have an account with mumsnet or log in as i have neither. I read the posts to try and give myself as much information as i can in case i do decide to divorce.