Almost at sentencing
Notifications OFF
Hi,
Very long time since I've posted, been reading frequently in the background.
Over 3 years since the knock and almost at sentencing (finally). Hubby has been charged with attempted communication. Only evidence is one conversation with what turns out to be a police decoy, but hubby admits this happy.
We paid for a specialist solicitor, who has been fantastic. Hubby pleaded guilty at magistrates court, and has sentencing on 2nd November.
He's had to sign on the SOR and had first visit from police today, luckily I was at work so didn't need to go through the trauma of police in the house again.
I've written my letter of support for court, as has his mum. Has anyone found that these help?
Hubby has been open about everything. There are no excuses, but his mental health was awful and he was looking for an escape. He has since done a course through LFF, uses the phone line and has been in counselling since the knock.
I've never doubted whether I should have stayed with him, he is my rock and just fell into a bad place (many years of ignoring his declining mental health) and has dug his way out of it.
The wait for court and sentencing has been horrendous. And I am feeling relieved that things are coming to an end.
I know it's not the end, because he will still have his sentence to get through and the time on the SOR and probably a SHPO based on what the solicitor has said. But knowing what is to come is helping.
The bit that scares me is knowing that as he is now on the SOR the police can turn up at any time. I still get palpitations when the door goes unexpectedly and I dread them turning up when I'm here.
Not really sure what the point of my post is, other than sharing my thoughts with others who maybe understand why a knock on the door can be so triggering. Xx
Very long time since I've posted, been reading frequently in the background.
Over 3 years since the knock and almost at sentencing (finally). Hubby has been charged with attempted communication. Only evidence is one conversation with what turns out to be a police decoy, but hubby admits this happy.
We paid for a specialist solicitor, who has been fantastic. Hubby pleaded guilty at magistrates court, and has sentencing on 2nd November.
He's had to sign on the SOR and had first visit from police today, luckily I was at work so didn't need to go through the trauma of police in the house again.
I've written my letter of support for court, as has his mum. Has anyone found that these help?
Hubby has been open about everything. There are no excuses, but his mental health was awful and he was looking for an escape. He has since done a course through LFF, uses the phone line and has been in counselling since the knock.
I've never doubted whether I should have stayed with him, he is my rock and just fell into a bad place (many years of ignoring his declining mental health) and has dug his way out of it.
The wait for court and sentencing has been horrendous. And I am feeling relieved that things are coming to an end.
I know it's not the end, because he will still have his sentence to get through and the time on the SOR and probably a SHPO based on what the solicitor has said. But knowing what is to come is helping.
The bit that scares me is knowing that as he is now on the SOR the police can turn up at any time. I still get palpitations when the door goes unexpectedly and I dread them turning up when I'm here.
Not really sure what the point of my post is, other than sharing my thoughts with others who maybe understand why a knock on the door can be so triggering. Xx