Remortgaging?
Notifications OFF
I'm coming up on my first remortgage which we plan to do through the free mortgage advisor we got our initial term through and I don't know how to navigate it with everything going on. My husband hasn't been sentenced yet but there's a good chance he will be before the mortgage term ends (given the most recent updated timeline we've been given by the police).
If he's sentenced between securing our remortgage 6 months out and the remortgage starting, do we need to tell anyone? Or can we keep it quiet because it's secured? Will they just do the hard search 6 months out and then we're good?
Happy to hear any remortgaging stories/advice with significant others who have sentences that are unspent because I need to know how things are going to look for the next few years.
I don't want to tell the mortgage advisor because I believe they then have to pass that information on to the lenders? I know we're not obliged to mention anything unless specifically asked and I think they can only ask about convictions.
I love him but the financial implications to me of things only he did wrong feel unfair.
If he's sentenced between securing our remortgage 6 months out and the remortgage starting, do we need to tell anyone? Or can we keep it quiet because it's secured? Will they just do the hard search 6 months out and then we're good?
Happy to hear any remortgaging stories/advice with significant others who have sentences that are unspent because I need to know how things are going to look for the next few years.
I don't want to tell the mortgage advisor because I believe they then have to pass that information on to the lenders? I know we're not obliged to mention anything unless specifically asked and I think they can only ask about convictions.
I love him but the financial implications to me of things only he did wrong feel unfair.