Suspended from work

Notifications OFF

Lost in the dark

Member since
November 2024

84 posts

Just when you think you have everything under control everything falls in!

As we are aware the consequences impact so many more than the individual themselves. In this instance both my son's girlfriend and sister.

The first is a teacher and after my son signed the register this week she was formally suspended. Despite informing them of the relationship they have stated it's misconduct. I have informed them he needs to step back.

In addition my daughter is to inform the agency to ensure the schools she works with are happy to still accept her.

I can not understand why others should be victimised in this way.

Posted Fri December 6, 2024 9:42amReport post

OverwhelmedOverTired

Member since
July 2026

9 posts

Was there something in her contract about 'bringing the school into disrepute'?

I am a teacher and this is my biggest fear. We are only 2 weeks on from knock so long journey ahead. I informed my head teacher and safe guarding leads the next day. They have said there is currently not more to be done but i am still anxious that my job will be impacted!

Posted Wed July 22, 2026 2:46pmReport post

H34rtbr0k3n

Member since
November 2025

29 posts

I'm a teacher too. I told my work a few hours after the knock, no consequences at all. However I ended my marriage immediately which might have made a difference.

Posted Wed July 22, 2026 3:59pmReport post

edel2020

Member since
March 2022

766 posts

Disqualification by association is not legal. Failure to disclose would be misconduct, but if disclosure is made then there is no misconduct.

Posted Thu July 23, 2026 12:12pmReport post

Wanderer41

Member since
January 2025

54 posts

Post deleted by user


Posted Sat September 5, 2026 12:44am
Edited Thu September 10, 2026 9:01pmReport post

User_5000

Member since
August 2025

11 posts

I think it depends on tbe school policy and if you stay with them. I disclosed immediately, ended relationship immediately, had a risk assessment that was more about them supporting me and in that it said that I had to notify them if anything changed with our relationship (which it didn't). They also sorted immediate counselling for me

Posted Sun September 6, 2026 8:30pmReport post

Inthemoment

Member since
February 2023

458 posts

You should disclose as soon as possible

I work in child protection, disclosed, continued the relationship, live together, have a young family and no consequences for me because I've done nothing wrong

Posted Mon September 7, 2026 8:01pmReport post

Wanderer41

Member since
January 2025

54 posts

Post deleted by user


Posted Mon September 14, 2026 12:26am
Edited Mon September 14, 2026 6:48amReport post

6789

Member since
May 2025

287 posts

Ask the helpline, or your lawyer?

Posted Mon September 14, 2026 5:34amReport post


This Forum is proudly supported by The National Lottery Community Fund      
Quick exit